WORK WITH YOUNG PEOPLE
I’ve worked both in outdoor street art projects and within schools, community groups, established theatres and youth theatre groups.
My approach is always dictated by who is in the room. So, different methods emerge according to the group and what it is we are seeking to explore.
I introduce classical playwrighting models through drawing, work on ways of using movement to shape our text, on writing poetry, how to flesh out the truth in our fiction, on writing our own experience, of shaping spoken word, of devising big themes with a big cast, of small and intimate interventions in public spaces, on working with auto-biographical material, on radio plays, on voice work, playwrighting and making your own solo performance. All of it is led from who is in the room.
- Glasgow Life -Artist in Residence, Ward 18, Riddrie Primary, families of those waiting to see family members in HMP Ballarnark.
- Toonspeak Young Peoples Theatre- Artistic Director, Lost & Found, Seven Signs, Word of Mouth
- Visible Fictions Theatre Company – playwright-in-residence
- Scottish Book Trust – poet-in-residence, Croy Primary Inverness
- Wigtown Book Festival – writer-in-residence
- Arts in the City- artist-in-residence (foster care / young folk)
- Outside Art – street art project (The Tramway / Glasgow Life)